In his book, “Psychology of the Future” Stanislav Grof, explains "in holotropic states, we can transcend the narrow boundaries of the body ego and reclaim our full identity." Holotropic Breathwork™ assists this process by inducing a non-ordinary state of consciousness in a safe context, enabling participants to reconnect with self, others, the natural world, the past, the future, the entire Cosmos, and with Spirit.
When the body and mind enter a non-ordinary state of consciousness through controlled breathing, in an appropriate context, our inner wisdom uses the opportunity to work toward physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual healing, and developmental change. Holotropic Breathwork™ operates under the principle that we are our own best healers, in that each of us has an inner healing mechanism, which can best do its work in non-ordinary states of consciousness.
Other potential benefits may include:
- The opportunity to enter non-ordinary states of consciousness to access healing and insight using a natural, non-addictive method.
- experience expanded consciousness.
- experience mystical states.
- tap into more creativity.
- experience physical and emotional catharsis that can release stress and anxieties, resolve past issues or even heal traumas – all within in a safe setting.
- release emotional or physical symptoms and unproductive behavior patterns.
- transform the negative side effects of long-forgotten events buried deep in the unconscious.
- move past stuckness and re-energize your life.
- alleviate or remove addictions by restoring one’s sense of purpose and value.
- connect more with deeply or get in touch with a spiritual essence or “higher power.”
- be supported through a period of mourning or grieving
- The opportunity for bonding with others through the group sharing and processing of one’s experiences.
- work through physical illness by exploring emotional or transpersonal themes associated with the illness.
- discover your higher calling or vocation.
- move on from depression.
- overcome feelings of discouragement, listlessness, or disorientation.
- gain personal empowerment.
- deepen your capacity to support yourself and your loved ones.
- The opportunity to deal with themes of death and surrender which can reduce your ability to live freely and openly.
- access your inner wisdom and intuition.
- know yourself more deeply.
- create a more fulfilling life.
- experience a retreat period of inner reflection which can provide balance to the often highly structured, active lives we live.
- get in touch with the body and re-associate what has been dissociated, including feelings of pleasure and unfelt, unresolved thoughts about your body.
- the opportunity to give yourself permission for sound and movement, which facilitates self-expression and self-trust, leading to better self-esteem and personal empowerment.
- The opportunity for insight, understanding, and acceptance of accountability for your life.